whopodcasters.freeforums.org
   The Place for Doctor Who Podcasters
    Register Arcade  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Members  •  Login     
It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to whopodcasters

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: A Christmas Carol/Virgin media
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:02 am 

This year's Christmas Special is still not available (at least for me) on either Virgin Media's catch-up or imbedded BBC iPlayer facilities. In the kind of frustrated rage that only a narked Dr Dho fan can muster about something so trivial, I have registered my dis-satisfaction with Virgin. They thought I was weird. I even recorded it too - and the flippin' thing missed off the last five minutes!

The programme is available on the BBC's iPlayer online so I don't understand why it hasn't made it onto Virgin - any ideas or indeed, anyone else being tormented by Richard Branson in this way?!

Report this post

Post subject: Re: A Christmas Carol/Virgin media
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:33 am 

Did it ever show up? I'll have to check on my Virgin box (as it were) when I get home.

Was it running particularly late on BBC One HD? I thought I had a good amount of padding set up on my V+ box (5 mins, I thought...) but when I came to rewatch A Christmas Carol yesterday I found that I was missing the last minute or so (no trailer :( ) Not quite as extreme as five minutes but irritating enough and will make doing a commentary trickier!

Fortunately I've got my home server set to automatically download all new episodes of Doctor Who from the iPlayer, so I never thought to check the Virgin iPlayer service. Why should there be different programmes available on the Internet iPlayer compared to the Virgin version? Very odd.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: A Christmas Carol/Virgin media
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 am 

Adam J Purcell wrote:
Was it running particularly late on BBC One HD? I thought I had a good amount of padding set up on my V+ box (5 mins, I thought...) but when I came to rewatch A Christmas Carol yesterday I found that I was missing the last minute or so (no trailer :( ) Not quite as extreme as five minutes but irritating enough and will make doing a commentary trickier!

I don't think it was running over 5 minutes late, probably more like 3-4ish or so. As I was back in the UK for Christmas, and couldn't watch it live (grr - family :P) I was relying on the HD recording on my parents' Virgin box, but had it cut off some seconds before the end of the episode proper.

Fortunately, iPlayer came to my rescue.

Report this post